By Judy Berman
I’m a procrastinator. That’s the only explanation I can give for not immediately acknowledging that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award.
You might think, “Why didn’t you do this sooner? It’s not like you have to get all dolled up for the Oscars and walk the red carpet, fending off the paparazzi popping flash bulbs in your face.” You’re right.
“Liebster” (pronounced leeb-stir) is a German word meaning “sweetest,” “favorite” or “dearest.” This award, which originated in Germany, recognizes up-and-coming bloggers. Some I listed may not fall in this category, but I truly do enjoy them and recommend you give them a look.
In researching the award, I found that the rules vary. I, of course, chose the shortened version:
- Thank the person who gave me the award and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the award to my blog.
- Reveal the 5 blogs I have chosen to award and let them know by commenting on their blog.
- Pay it forward by awarding to bloggers I would like to honor.
So, here’s my official – and belated – thank you, Tina of Daysift, for nominating me for this prestigious award. My apologies, in advance, for breaking the rules.
Tina posts stories of family that kick-start me thinking about my own, photos of signs that will make you laugh and/or give you hope. Tina’s blog is always a treat. You can check out her blog at this link: http://daysift.com/
Here are the five blogs that I have chosen to receive this award. Please check out their great blogs:
1. Deb Adams – Art – http://adamsart.wordpress.com/
2. Jasmine Kyle – http://jasminekylesings.wordpress.com/
3. George Arthur White, photography and stories -
4. Marilyn Warner – Things I Want to Tell My Mother - http://warnerwriting.wordpress.com/
5. Peter Cawdron – Thinking Sci-Fi - http://thinkingscifi.wordpress.com/
There are many excellent blogs on WordPress. These are just a few of the ones I really enjoy. Happy New Year to everyone. May it be a most excellent year for you … and for all of us.