The Envelope, Please …
… and the winner is … How often does any one get recognized for something they love doing? I recently got a pleasant surprise when I opened my email. MJ “Michael” Monaghan wrote that he had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award.
That’s quite an honor coming from someone who I admire. I’d like to thank him for his support, encouragement and comments on my writing. I’ve enjoyed MJ Monaghan’s stories because he has a wonderful sense of humor and terrific insights into life. His blog is at: http://mjmonaghan.wordpress.com/
I began blogging in September 2011. Since that time, I’ve met – virtually – many creative, wonderful people who share my passion for writing and life. It was a delight to discover such a beautiful community.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award. From the VBA rules, here is what you do next:
- Thank the person who gave you the award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtersy – if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent.)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award – you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’d like to share the love with the following 15 blogs/bloggers and recommend you pay them a visit:
- Mostly Bright Ideas – http://mostlybrightideas.wordpress.com
- Ollin – Courage 2 Create – http://ollinmorales.wordpress.com/
- Everywhere Once – http://everywhereonce.com/
- Amiable Amiable – http://bighappynothing.wordpress.com/
- Love thy bike – http://lovethybike.wordpress.com
- hugmamma’s Mind, Body and Soul – http://hugmamma.com/
- Sarah M. Lawton – http://adventuremom.wordpress.com/
- Main Street Musings – http://mainstreetmusingsblog.com/
- Good Humored – http://goodhumored.wordpress.com/
- Deidra Alexander – http://deidraalexander.wordpress.com/
- Cdeminski’s Blog – http://cdeminski.wordpress.com/
- WatchingthePhotoReelsGoRoundandRound – http://watchingthephotoreels.com/
- Chris Donner – http://chrisdonnermysterywriter.wordpress.com/
- arbohl – musings of a twenty something – http://arbohl.wordpress.com/
- Katecrimmins – http://coffeekatblog.wordpress.com/
There is one other I’d like to recognize. Five Reflections has requested that he be given no awards, but his poetry is exquisite. He can be found at http://fivereflections.wordpress.com/
Seven little-known facts about me. (I told Michael that under the Witness Protection Program covering me, I can’t reveal too much.)
- So now you know one thing about me – I have a warped sense of humor.
- John Steinbeck’s “Grapes of Wrath” made a lasting impression on me about righing wrongs and speaking for those with no voice.
- Love the irreverent cartoons of Bill Watterson’s “Calvin and Hobbes” and Matt Groening”s “The Simpsons.
- My favorite suspense film director is Alfred Hitchcock, especially “Rear Window” with James Stewart and Grace Kelly.
- When we visited Paris, we went to many of the places shown in the movie, “Charade,” starring Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn and Walter Matthau.
- My favorite musical group is The Beatles and I believe I have nearly all their albums and CDs. We visited their studio when we were in London.
- Last, but certainly not least, my best friend is my husband, Dave. We’ve been married 27 years. We have two daughters (both married), two grandchildren and two cats.
Thanks for the reward! I’m honored.
Thank you for writing. I’ve gained a lot of inspiration and great advice from your blog – Courage 2 Create.
Judy, congrats. Excellent post on your nominees and your seven things about you.
I too, love Hitchcock, Cary Grant, and the Beatles.
I knew we were kindred spirits, Michael. Thanks for your support and for nominating me.
Thank you for the award! It is quite an honor 🙂
You’re welcome. I’ve enjoyed your blog and your thoughtful comments. The best part is you won’t have to dust this virtual award trophy. 😉
Judy, thank you so much for honoring me with the Versatile Blogger Award. I appreciate the recognition, especially coming from such a gifted writer as yourself. You’re right, it does feel good to be part of such a beautiful blogging community . . .
The pleasure was all mine. I think you have a great sense of humor and are a talented writer.
Thank you so much! I am honored especially since we are “new” friends. I enjoy your blog and you certainly deserve the award.
You’re welcome, Kate. I have especially enjoyed reading about your cats as we have two of our own. Thank you for the compliment.
Judy, Congrats on winning the Versatlie Blogger Award. Thanks for sharing it with me. I’m honored that you are enjoying my blog enough to think that I am worthy of the award.
By the way, I LOVE Rear Window and Charade.
Glad we share the love of the same movies. I’ve also enjoyed your blog. I’m always on the look out for more Good humor. Glad you’re there to provide it.
“Rear Window” = awesome. How about “Dial M for Murder?” Okay, all Hitchcock films (I went to a costume party as Melanie from “The Birds” … fun!). Love your list and many of the same things. Congratulations to you and your hubby – how wonderful! Thanks so much for nominating me for this award, Judy. I will put my thinking cap on and try to come up with some interesting facts about myself (can the Tippi Hedren impersonation count as one?).
Tippi Hedren – real or impersonation – counts. (I believe Hitchcock hoped she’d be a Grace Kelly type in his films. She was excellent in her own right.) Your blog is definitely deserving of this award. I love your humor and your compassion. Thank you for visiting my blog.
Comments are closed.