… and the winner is … How often does any one get recognized for something they love doing? I recently got a pleasant surprise when I opened my email. MJ “Michael” Monaghan wrote that he had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award.
That’s quite an honor coming from someone who I admire. I’d like to thank him for his support, encouragement and comments on my writing. I’ve enjoyed MJ Monaghan’s stories because he has a wonderful sense of humor and terrific insights into life. His blog is at: http://mjmonaghan.wordpress.com/
I began blogging in September 2011. Since that time, I’ve met – virtually – many creative, wonderful people who share my passion for writing and life. It was a delight to discover such a beautiful community.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award. From the VBA rules, here is what you do next:
- Thank the person who gave you the award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtersy – if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent.)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award – you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’d like to share the love with the following 15 blogs/bloggers and recommend you pay them a visit:
- Mostly Bright Ideas – http://mostlybrightideas.wordpress.com
- Ollin – Courage 2 Create – http://ollinmorales.wordpress.com/
- Everywhere Once – http://everywhereonce.com/
- Amiable Amiable – http://bighappynothing.wordpress.com/
- Love thy bike – http://lovethybike.wordpress.com
- hugmamma’s Mind, Body and Soul – http://hugmamma.com/
- Sarah M. Lawton – http://adventuremom.wordpress.com/
- Main Street Musings – http://mainstreetmusingsblog.com/
- Good Humored – http://goodhumored.wordpress.com/
- Deidra Alexander – http://deidraalexander.wordpress.com/
- Cdeminski’s Blog – http://cdeminski.wordpress.com/
- WatchingthePhotoReelsGoRoundandRound – http://watchingthephotoreels.com/
- Chris Donner – http://chrisdonnermysterywriter.wordpress.com/
- arbohl – musings of a twenty something – http://arbohl.wordpress.com/
- Katecrimmins – http://coffeekatblog.wordpress.com/
There is one other I’d like to recognize. Five Reflections has requested that he be given no awards, but his poetry is exquisite. He can be found at http://fivereflections.wordpress.com/
Seven little-known facts about me. (I told Michael that under the Witness Protection Program covering me, I can’t reveal too much.)
- So now you know one thing about me – I have a warped sense of humor.
- John Steinbeck’s “Grapes of Wrath” made a lasting impression on me about righing wrongs and speaking for those with no voice.
- Love the irreverent cartoons of Bill Watterson’s “Calvin and Hobbes” and Matt Groening”s “The Simpsons.
- My favorite suspense film director is Alfred Hitchcock, especially “Rear Window” with James Stewart and Grace Kelly.
- When we visited Paris, we went to many of the places shown in the movie, “Charade,” starring Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn and Walter Matthau.
- My favorite musical group is The Beatles and I believe I have nearly all their albums and CDs. We visited their studio when we were in London.
- Last, but certainly not least, my best friend is my husband, Dave. We’ve been married 27 years. We have two daughters (both married), two grandchildren and two cats.