A Lovely Award
By Judy Berman
The hour was late, and the news so delightful. Ronnie Hammer of Morristownmemos nominated me for The Lovely Blogger Award.
When you write, you are alone. When you publish it, you are ready to share it with the world. How wonderful to be recognized by someone whose writing I admire. Some of her stories have made me chuckle, while others have made me pause to reflect. She recently wrote about viewing old family photos and asking how we feel when we see our past through these images. It prompted me to write a reflection of my own, “A Look Into the Rear-View Mirror.”
Ronnie Hammer’s blog is at: http://morristownmemos.wordpress.com/
As a recipient of this award, I need to fulfill certain obligations. They are:
- Thank the person who nominated me and link back to them in my post.
- Share seven things about me.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Leave a comment on their blogs letting them know that they have been nominated.
The seven things about me are:
1) I’m a former cops reporter.
2) I’m a teacher by day, and writer by night.
3) My best friend, my husband Dave, edits my blog – at my request.
4) Alfred Hitchcock is one of my favorite movie directors.
5) I love Nora Ephron’s books. I only wish I had discovered them when she wrote about the times that were a changing.
6) I love all kinds of music; but, for me, no one tops The Beatles.
7) Woody Allen’s “Midnight in Paris” is more than a movie to me. It’s also a destination I want to return to for a future vacation.
I’d like to share the love with the following blog/bloggers and recommend you pay them a visit:
1) Main Street Musings – http://mainstreetmusingsblog.com/
2) MJ “Michael” Monoghan – http://www.mjmonaghan.com/
3) Kate Shewsday – http://kateshrewsday.com/
4) Good Humored – http://goodhumored.wordpress.com/
5) Mark Armstrong Illustration – http://markarmstrongillustration.com/
6) Madhu – http://theurgetowander.com/
7) Katecrimmins – http://coffeekatblog.com/
8) I Know I Made You Smile – http://carldagostino.wordpress.com/
9) Before Morning Breaks – http://barbfroman.wordpress.com/
10) Being Arindam – http://arindammohapatra.wordpress.com/
11) Rumpydog – http://rumpydog.com/
12) Hugmamma’s Mind, Body and Soul – http://hugmamma.com/
13) Leanne Shirtliffe – Ironic Mom – http://ironicmom.com/
14) She’s a Maineiac – http://shesamaineiac.com/
15) Subhan Zein – http://subhanzein.wordpress.com/
Please check out these excellent blogs.
The award is well deserved. I loved your rear-view mirror post. Thanks for nominating me. It is always a thrill to know that someone enjoys my work!
I’m one of many someones who enjoy your writing – whether it’s about your family, your pets, your experience in HR, or chilling with your friends. Thank you, Kate, for many wonderful posts.
Thanks for the shoutout. I follow #3 Kate from England. I can’t believe how she turns out such well researched and quality stuff EVERY single day.
I agree, Carl. #3 Kate from England amazes me with her daily historic back stories, her family, and her pets. You also are a daily wonder with your cartoons and insights on life and history.
Congrats on a well deserved award, Judy. I thoroughly enjoy your posts. I look forward to them because I never know what the topic will be, but I always know the writing will be great.
Thanks for sending some of your readers in my direction. I truly appreciate it.
Paprika, your posts are always creative, fun and well written. I recall laughing out loud about your post on how to pronounce the name of a store (L’What, you said for L’Occitane), how to survive an encounter with a trunk-mounted bike rack, and your reaction to weather folks selecting names for storms. Thank you for your support and encouragement.
Wow! Some blogs I haven’t checked out before. Thanks for including me among these great blogs!
Rumpydog and pals, you do amazing work on your blog by alerting pet owners about product safety and by lobbying for animal rights. I also enjoy your photos and the chuckles you’ve posted.
Good job Mom! It is always nice being recognized for something that you enjoy doing. I am glad other people are enjoying all of your stories. Love ya!
Thanks, Jenn, and the best of success on your new blog.
It is nice to see others enjoying your work Mom, congrats on the award.
You’re already in the will, Jenn. 😆 Thanks for your support.
Congratulations! You are definitely one lovely writer.
Why thank you, Danielle. I appreciate your comments.
Congrats on your award and thanks for including me in the list. I’ll have to check some of these blogs out later!
I am so with you on The Beatles. I’m writing a post right now about my favorite artists and John Lennon’s at the top of the list. Also, you are incredibly lucky to have a husband who edits your work! Mine won’t even read my blog.
Darla, I love your stories – the serious ones, the ones that make you check all the hidey places in the house, and the ones that make you laugh right out loud.
The Beatles rule. My fave was Paul McCartney, but I also really loved John’s music. I was devastated when he was killed … what a loss.
Thanks to Dave, I’ve avoided quite a few errors on my blog. Yes, he is a peach and he does read all my posts – bless him!
Gee, I feel like I should know you, at least from a blogging perspective! When I visit your blog I see so many of the same faces commenting on your posts that I already follow! Four of your fifteen favoite blogs are favorites of mine, too. And they say that the Internet is so big! Not so!
With so many mutual friends, it’s about time we met. It is a small word – after all. Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting.
Congrats on getting this award. You deserve it for sure, I always enjoy visiting your blogs. You are a wonderful writer Judy. And thanks a lot for the mention. 🙂
Arindam, your postings have frequently shown me a different perspective on life. Some of your writings have made me weep, others have filled me with great joy. The very best to you, my friend.
Congratulations, Judy, and thanks for passing this lovely award on!
You have such taste. No-one tops the Beatles…
Kate, I admire your verve, your knowledge of historical people and places, and am constantly amazed how you can turn out an excellent post EVERY DAY. It’s always a treat to read your blog.
I knew we were kindred spirits. Long live The Beatles!
Ahoy! I just got off the phone with Sir Paul McCartney. He said to tell everyone that you and your blog were the inspiration for the Beatles’ Got To Get You Into My Life!!
He also said you were the inspiration for She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, but I thought it best not to ask him to elaborate… : P
Sincere congrats on your One Lovely Blog Award!! I would have amended it to One Very Lovely Blog, but it’s probably against the rules. Ah, well… : )
You nominated me?? Too kind! Since you’ve already won, that automatically puts me in exalted company and makes this a Great Day,… Sunshine. : )
Thanks so much, dear Judy!!
Well, Mark, thank you for that lovely bit of research. I thought I had sworn Sir Paul to secrecy on that first song. But, the second … he must have confused me with someone else. I was, she shyly admits, the inspiration for “Hey Jude.”
Here’s the link to: “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window” which is as puzzling to me as the lyrics for “I Am The Walrus.
All kidding aside, thank you … and you’re welcome. Put the virtual award on your mantlepiece and bask in its warmth. 🙂
Comments are closed.